Would you be surprised to know that we spend little to none of our regular income on our Christmas gifts? If you know me, probably not. With the great deals that I find, we don’t spend a lot on the gifts anyways, but I’ve found some outstanding revenues that offer enough extra cash to almost cover our holiday spending. Some of these are 100% effortless, others will take a bit of time. Some, you can even treat as a part time job and earn some real money doing so.
Swagbucks deserves a section all to itself. This has got to be the absolutely easiest way you’ll ever earn some free stuff. Swagbucks is a search engine that randomly earns you virtual dollars for using it. These accumulate quickly and you can use them to buy Amazon gift cards.
I know that many of you have signed up and some of you just quit using it (*GASP*). I’m not really sure why, because they are constantly revamping their search and it pulls directly from Google so you get similar results. If you’ve stopped, I urge you to give it another shot. I’m making $50 a month by using it. It pretty much pays for all of my goodies!
You can view an informational post here that details how to use it. Swagbucks | Easy way to earn Amazon Gift Cards
Research and Survey Panels
These are sites that are going to pay you to test their product, take surveys, or even both. No survey site should ever ask you to pay up front fees. The following are some of my favorites:
- Synovate Research
- Inbox Dollars (They will pay you to read email, too!)
- My Points
- Reward Port
- Vindale Research
- Panda Research (Get $3 just for signing up)
Working From Home
I’ve recently started working with Mturk, which is an Amazon company. Mturk pays you to do what they call HITS (Human Intelligence Tasks). These are usually as simple as verifying a website address, providing feedback on a page, finding a site’s contact information, etc. They pay per task and you receive payment within a couple of days. You can choose to have your money in cash or Amazon gift cards.
The best part of this place is that you can set your own wages. You decide what you want to earn and work until you do. There is always work available. If you’ve got high speed internet, give it a shot (it’s not really worth the time if you don’t). I try to go somewhere with faster internet once a week to work on some. I’m making about $20 a pop- not bad additional income for a couple hours work.
Online Rebating Sites
Did you know that there are sites out there that will actually refund your money for online purchases? All you have to do is sign up and visit the site before making a purchase. Select the store you wish to purchase from on their list. You’ll be taken to the actual site to complete your purchase as usual. Your cash back will be deposited into your account. Super simple, huh?
My favorites are:
- My Points. You earn points for purchases instead of cash. You can use these to ‘shop’ in their store, purchasing things such as gift cards and items.
- Ebates. Ebates allows you to earn actual cash back from your purchases. You’ll receive a check each quarter if your balance is over $25. You’ll get $5 in your account to start with when you sign up through my link.
- Upromise Upromise is an account that lets you earn cash back in various ways that can be put in a college savings account or be used to pay for existing student loans. They also offer online rebating, similar to Ebates. If you don’t already have an account, be sure to sign up through my link to get an additional $5 in your account to start with.
Be sure to check out the other posts in this series: