The annual sales tax holiday in Missouri will be held from August 6th-8th. HOWEVER, the list of cities and counties that are not participating is HUGE. I think they might be better off to list those that are participating.
In our area, Lebanon and Buffalo seem to be the only cities still participating. Branson, Springfield, Osage Beach, Camdenton, Marshfield, and Jefferson City are all on the list of non-participants. You can view the list of excluded cities and counties.
If you live in an area that is still participating, here are the included items:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
You can get more information at the Missouri Department of Revenue website.